Friday, February 27, 2009

Marshmallow Towers

I hope everyone enjoyed the February Vacation week, I know I did! We’re still been pretty busy down here in the Fetch Lab even with the big kids back to school. This week we’ve been building marshmallow towers. Kids have built towers that were really tall, funny shaped and leaning, but overall they were VERY creative. I made a few as well, including a pyramid, a hexagon and an octagonal shaped tower that was 5 layers tall, but it fell over. Oh well, I guess I’ll just have to go back and redesign it! I know a lot of the kids were planning on going home and using the toothpicks and marshmallows in their houses to keep creating unique designs. You should try it at home too! I think it would be cool to try using the big marshmallows, or maybe the colored ones for a fun twist. Let me know how your towers come out at home!

When I haven’t been polishing my skills as a marshmallow architect, Danielle, one of the other interns, and I have been taking a close look at the For Kids page too see how we can make it even better than it already is. We have been tossing around a few ideas on how to change the available activities, and I think within a few weeks you should be seeing a lot of fun changes on the page. Any suggestions? Leave me a comment, I’d love to know what your new ideas for the For Kids page would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment