Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"I don't want to go home!"

“I don’t want to go home!” I hear that statement at least a dozen times a week at The Children’s Museum in Easton. A visit to Easton doesn’t have to end with your visit to The Museum. There is so much to do and see. Interested in our town’s rich history?

We can set you up with a historic walking tour! If not, how about a stroll down the street to the Shovel Shop Pond? There is a walking trail that loops around the pond. Or you can hop into your car and head down Main Street to the N.R.T. (Sheep Pasture). You can enjoy the rich grounds and interact with the farm animals who live there. Across from the N.R.T. is Hilliard’s House of Candy. This is chocolate at its’ best! During the summer months, check out their ice cream. Further down on Route 123W, stop along New Pond and let the kids do some light cast fishing or just enjoy the sounds of the waterfall.

One of my favorite activities is to take my family geocaching at Borderland State Park Borderland State Park, located at the top of Lincoln Street (about 2 miles from The Museum). Geocaching requires the use of a GPS (I use the one from my car). You simply go online to geocaching.com, punch in the coordinates and you're off! In addition to the beautiful grounds of the park, there is nothing more rewarding than to find a hidden cache of trinkets! Geocaching is very family friendly and fun for people of all ages. Please check it out, you won’t be disappointed. There are some great caches hidden in Borderland.

Now I need your ideas. I was asked to write an article on how to transition kids back to school and I thought, what? Help the kids transition? What about us moms? Why is it that I don’t care about sand or wet things all over the house during the summer or the fact that I never run out of chips and salsa? But when school starts, I want to cut off the limbs of the child that brought the dirt in and heaven help the child who tells me they need to bring chips to school to celebrate Cinco de Mayo ! There must be someone out there who has ideas on how to keep that summer attitude all year long. Please friend The Museum on Facebook, we would love to hear your thoughts.

~ Karen Frick - Director of Visitors Services

No comments:

Post a Comment