Monday, June 9, 2008

"The new intern is here, the new intern is here!"


Well hello everyone! My name is Jen Valentino and I am a new summer intern at the Children’s Museum in Easton. I will be blogging this summer, and will hopefully be following in the entertaining, informative and witty footsteps of Tim Cuff, the last intern to post on this blog. I would love to tell you all a bit about myself, as well as my ties to the museum, which truly go way back (more about this later).


I am going to be a senior at Wheaton College in Norton this fall (and I am now a firm believer in the fact that time does fly- I feel like it was yesterday that I was packing up my room to head off to my first semester of college). I am a Hispanic Studies Major, Art History Minor and I am hoping to be one of the first Wheaton students to partake in the new Museum Studies Minor that is currently being developed. I have taken one Museum Studies course at Wheaton and am excited to be one of the guinea pigs in this academic experiment! The class truly inspired and furthered my fascination with museums. I am really looking forward to such a hands-on internship, making it the next step in my journey to the real (after college) world!

No comments:

Post a Comment